Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Exciting Times!




     A busy last few days around here.  A weekend getaway to La Fonda, BC, Mex!  Only a beautiful 45 minute drive down the coast.  As soon as we crossed the border, the road reminded me of driving through Big Sur, just fewer trees! We found our little beach bungalow, played smash ball, swam, read books, played gin, made friends with stray dogs, ate good food, and made a fire to keep us warm in the drizzle.  A great way to celebrate two married years together!











     To add some extra excitement... as soon as we found our way back across the border (no thanks to a street fest in Tijuana blocking the way) and turned the phones back on, I got one of those fabulous "congratulations on your Etsy sale" emails!  These are still very exciting to me! Especially when the sale is to a customer I do not yet know in real life.  I embroidered her Day of the Dead Marigold Onesie that very afternoon and got it all wrapped up and ready to go.  

I mailed it off yesterday, along with a little present for Martha Stewart's grandchildren.

One of my new Fun Little Things promoting attempts!

     And as soon as I got home from the post office, I checked my email to find ANOTHER "congratulations on your Etsy sale" email!  This time for one of my Day of the Dead Sugar Skull Onesies.  I can not believe how much people are loving my Day of the Dead embroidery patterns.  Remember, friends, I can do any of these patterns on any size onesie or on a flour sack kitchen towel.  Check them all out in my shop and send me a message or leave me a comment here if you have any questions or special requests.  

 PS - In case you haven't heard, Etsy now offers site-wide gift cards that can be used in any shop! A perfect present for your loved ones who love supporting small, handmade business!  And to help get the word out, Etsy is entering anyone who buys a gift card into a sweepstakes to win a $250 Etsy gift card.  Four winners a week!


No comments:

Post a Comment