- My first solo flight with Annie! (They overbooked the flight, Comic Con crowds in the security line, no boarding pass, but we made it on and Annie was a champ! A champ who wanted to put everything on the plane in her mouth, but a champ nonetheless!)
- Big Sister's super fun birthday party! 2 kids, 1 toddler, 3 babies, 3 dogs, 8 grown ups, beach day, balloons, ice cream cake, crowns, sparkley sunglasses, glow sticks, fireworks, lots of giggles and love, and a well earned good night's sleep (for some much more than for the poor, tired, birthday Mama).
|I did use my skills to make the crown, but had very little to do|
with this amazing cake!
- Cuddles and crawling in bed with Nanny and Grampy.
- Annie learned how delicious sand can be.
- Beach day with 4 babies, 2 toddlers, 2 kids, 5 grown ups. No one was taking pictures this day! But I got to see Jack body surfing, watch sweet Shelby and Norah nap, see Bella and Charlie run, play and swim, see how big Blake has gotten and meet little Eden!
- Annie's first half birthday! Celebrated with a swing and a big bowl of avocado!
- A bubble blowing and giggle filled hike in the woods with Nanny.
|Thanks Auntie Em for letting us borrow the backpack!|
- A visit to Auntie Cheeky's awesome new apartment and a fabric hoarder's dream (aka visit to Hart's fabric.)
- Beach Dinner and bonfire, filled with jumping, running, laughing, good food, Charlie's special s'mores, socks keeping hands warm, cuddles, birds and lots of cousin love!
- Flight home to Dad. Happy and Sad and much less eventful than the flight North.
- Figure out how to file and pay my state sales tax. This is the Eeeeee! I am scared. This business/accounting/bookkeeping part of this business is the part that scares me the most and which I am absolutely least prepared to deal with. I have gotten some great reassurance and offer of assistance from a friend we love (who happens to be a CPA, thank goodness for that!) I have quickbooks (notice I don't say use regularly,) a big envelope of receipts, handwritten records of cash sales and online records of online sales. Time to get down to business.
I did it!!
Thanks to some serious prodding from Kyle to "just get it done" and promises that I "will feel much better after" and a pretty excellent baby girl nap on Dad in the glider, the taxes are started, finished and paid! More on all of this in another post, I just want to say I am feeling quite proud of myself today!
More Next Week (Now that that's out of the way!):
- Bloomers to match Annie's new embroidered dress!
- Kid aprons coming soon to the shop!
- Some new baby love presents heading out the door
- Stroller Strides? hmmm... we will see...