Sunday, July 28, 2013

Fun, Fun, Fun and Eeee!

Last Week:

  • My first solo flight with Annie!  (They overbooked the flight, Comic Con crowds in the security line, no boarding pass, but we made it on and Annie was a champ! A champ who wanted to put everything on the plane in her mouth, but a champ nonetheless!)
  • Big Sister's super fun birthday party!  2 kids, 1 toddler, 3 babies, 3 dogs, 8 grown ups, beach day, balloons, ice cream cake, crowns, sparkley sunglasses, glow sticks, fireworks, lots of giggles and love, and a well earned good night's sleep (for some much more than for the poor, tired, birthday Mama).  

I did use my skills to make the crown, but had very little to do
with this amazing cake!



  • Cuddles and crawling in bed with Nanny and Grampy.
  • Annie learned how delicious sand can be.

  • Beach day with 4 babies, 2 toddlers, 2 kids, 5 grown ups.  No one was taking pictures this day!  But I got to see Jack body surfing, watch sweet Shelby and Norah nap, see Bella and Charlie run, play and swim, see how big Blake has gotten and meet little Eden!
  • Annie's first half birthday!  Celebrated with a swing and a big bowl of avocado!



  • A bubble blowing and giggle filled hike in the woods with Nanny.

Thanks Auntie Em for letting us borrow the backpack!

  • A visit to Auntie Cheeky's awesome new apartment and a fabric hoarder's dream (aka visit to Hart's fabric.)


  • Beach Dinner and bonfire, filled with jumping, running, laughing, good food, Charlie's special s'mores, socks keeping hands warm, cuddles, birds and lots of cousin love!



  • Flight home to Dad.  Happy and Sad and much less eventful than the flight North.  

Next Week:

  • Figure out how to file and pay my state sales tax.  This is the Eeeeee! I am scared.  This business/accounting/bookkeeping part of this business is the part that scares me the most and which I am absolutely least prepared to deal with.  I have gotten some great reassurance and offer of assistance from a friend we love (who happens to be a CPA, thank goodness for that!)  I have quickbooks (notice I don't say use regularly,) a big envelope of receipts, handwritten records of cash sales and online records of online sales.  Time to get down to business.  
********UPDATE!*******
I did it!!  

     Thanks to some serious prodding from Kyle to "just get it done" and promises that I "will feel much better after" and a pretty excellent baby girl nap on Dad in the glider, the taxes are started, finished and paid!  More on all of this in another post, I just want to say I am feeling quite proud of myself today!

More Next Week (Now that that's out of the way!):

  • Bloomers to match Annie's new embroidered dress!
  • Kid aprons coming soon to the shop!
  • Some new baby love presents heading out the door
  • Stroller Strides? hmmm... we will see...

Credit where credit is definitely due:  All photos taken by and stolen from Nanny (one of our most excellent personal photographers!)  Thank you, thank you, thank you, Mama for everything this week and for getting such excellent pictures of all of the fun!









No comments:

Post a Comment