And in honor of all she has learned over these five months, she wanted to share her very own, step by step tutorial with all of you.
How to Learn to Crawl
- A soft, hand knit with love blanket
- A toy you would really like to stick in your mouth
- A mean Mom who keeps sticking you on your tummy on the far end of the blanket
1. Look up at Mom and your amazing toy, smile adorably, hoping Mom will just hand it to you, and maybe just flip you over while she's at it.
2. Realize that is not going to happen and prepare yourself for some serious hard work.
3. Stick your adorable, big bum way up in the air.
4. Smoosh your face into the blanket and pull for all you are worth.
5. Be shocked at how far you made it!
6. Repeat as necessary to get all the way across that blanket!
7. Flip over, relax with your bestie, Chicken Little, enjoy the beautiful plants, and get some good quality chewing time in with that tempting and elusive toy.
Oh, and don't forget to have really cute feet, they really help a lot!
I have no idea how 5 months have passed already and how she got to be so big. Despite the occasional tired and grumpy day, she really is amazing and sweet and funny and beautiful and strong and so incredibly smart. This is pretty seriously fun!