Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Sigh...

Lesson I am struggling to learn...

    When something isn't working, and you know it, stop, do not keep forcing it because now is the time you have.  Do not tell yourself, whatever, it is good enough.  Because you know, and you know, you know, that in the end you will still think its crap, and you will spend 6 times as long undoing it so that you can do it right again.  And in the words of my mom (because mom's are pretty much always right about these things, as well as about whether or not you have a seam ripper,) "If something's worth doing, it's worth doing right."

    And while it may seem like I am talking about some big, life direction, decision sort of stuff here, I am really talking about sewing! And also, my sewing machine is now in time out for being rude.

 But man, they sure are going to be cute when they're done!

     So now I am ripping seams before I can redo; all while getting ready to leave our very high maintenance, wild animal kingdom house and head to Ventura for a week on the beach with the whole family!!! Woo!!!  No work, 7 adults, 3 babies, 1 toddler, lots of food and giggles and love, and hopefully some sleep for everyone! And getting ready to celebrate my Golden Birthday on Friday!  Now, anyone who knows me pretty much knows I take birthday excitement quite seriously.  I may have even been known to make myself sparkly birthday crowns and wear them around all day, at ages others would not necessarily wear sparkly crowns around all day.  But my Golden Birthday is something I have been excitedly waiting for since Sara Noel's Golden Birthday when we were 10 (when I thought it was super, extra unfair I had to wait until I was OLD to have mine.)

I hope you are all having a fantastic week and not having to relearn any annoying and frustrating lessons you should have really gotten the hang of by now!

No comments:

Post a Comment